Clubs & Activities
Our Lady of Victory offers many extra-curricular activities that provide opportunity for academic enrichment, social engagement, and spiritual growth.
- National Junior Honor Society - One of the nation's oldest and most prestigious organizations for middle school students, the National Junior Honor Society members are selected by the OLV chapter's faculty for meeting the high standards of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship.
- It's Academic - The It's Academic Club at OLV prepares students for quiz bowl type competitions focusing on booth academic religious, and "daily life" material. The club normally meets a couple days per week at lunch and/or recess and then one afternoon per week to prepare for competitions, which normally occur on Saturday mornings about three or four times per year. Students in grades 6-8 are invited to participate, with the hope that as students gain more knowledge and experience they move up the ladder to our top teams and prevail against other local Archdiocesan Schools.
- Children's Choir - Students rehearse and perform various styles and genres of music. There any many benefits to Performing Art, this one is building confidence through services & performances at Mass and Community events.
- Band - Our Lady of Victory Catholic School works with the Instrumental Music of Baltimore to provide small group music instruction to our students. Students perform during the Christmas Program, as well as the Spring HSA meeting.
- Alter Servers - For students in fifth grade through eighth grades, alter servers provide assistance to the priest during the Catholic Mass.
- Cafe Con Charla ~ Spanish Club - This club meets throughout the year during lunch with Ms. Wobbeking to deepen their knowledge of Spanish.
- Scrabble Club - Scrabble club meets after school on Fridays for friendly competitions. Students hone their spelling skills and learn strategies to maximize point values for each play. Fun challenges like word-unscrambles keep the members of this hour-long club on their toes. Doing math and spelling on a Friday afternoon? Members are having too much fun to even realize they are learning too!
- Drama Club (Willy Wanka Jr.) - Students rehearse and perform a drama, or musical production. There are many benefits to Performing Art, this one is building confidence through rehearsals and performances.
- Walking Club - Students meet after school and walk the wonderful Our Lady of Victory campus. It is a great way to get out into nature and see all of God's great work.
- Board Games Club - 3rd-5th graders, come play some classic board games that you know and love and lean to play some new games that you will get to know and love!
- Pinterest Club - Students in grades 1 - 4 meet after school and create different items they have found on Pinterest. They include arts, crafts, and cooking.
- Puzzle Club- Students work together to put puzzles together.
- Lego Club - Students in grades 5-8 are able to work after school to use lego blocks to build different creations each week.
- Safeties - This opportunity is available for 8th grade students. A safety officer ensures a smooth parking lot routine each afternoon. AAA has been the sole supporter of the AAA School Safety Patrol program for 90 years. The primary purpose of the program is to enhance the safety of students departing from school. The AAA School Safety Patrol also promotes the development of leadership skills and good citizenship. AAA School Safety Patrol student candidates will be selected on the following values and will be expected to maintain these values throughout the year in order to remain on the safety patrol. Ability to follow rules, Good attendance record, Good academic standing, Good judgment, Respect for adults and classmates, and Desire to help others.